Of course, if you would like to customise your own girth, we can look after that for you as well!
They are all SLIMLINE short girths meaning they are made of leather and come with a detachable sheepskin cover.
- Crescent 75cm, elastic buckles, brown leather and #23 brown detachable sheepskin cover
- Crescent 75cm, elastic buckles, black leather and #22 black detachable sheepskin cover
- Anatomic 75cm, elastic buckles, black leather and #22 black detachable sheepskin cover
- Crescent 70cm, elastic buckles, brown leather and #23 brown detachable sheepskin cover
- Due mid-Feb 2019 Anatomic 60cm, elastic buckles, black leather and #22 black detachable sheepskin cover*
- Due mid-Feb 2019 Anatomic 60cm, elastic buckles, brown leather and #23 brown detachable sheepskin cover*
* Products are discounted by 10% while in production. Once the item arrives, stock will revert to $229.00.
The product photos are generated from the E.A.Mattes configurator to give an graphic representation of what the product will look like.
The length is always measured buckle-end to buckle-end. Fully tightened the distance between the lower edge of the saddle flap and the buckle end should be no more than 15cm. It is imperative to ensure the girth is worn evenly and symmetrically on both sides. If you have previously used a girth with no sheepskin cover you generally need to add 5cm for a girth size that has a sheepskin cover. To be sure, it's best to measure.
Anatomic, Athletico, Asymmetric and Crescent. If you scroll through the photos in the product description you will see a sample of each style and photo and text describing each style and what type of horse it is suited for.
E.A.Mattes SLIMLINE Short Girths...
The SLIMLINE is the new generation of girths from E.A.Mattes, being flatter and slimmer, therefore more elegant plus added elbow space. There are visible surfaces in leather and sheepskin and plastic insert for even pressure distribution that needs to be removed before washing and installed again after.
All base girths are padded with POLY-FLEX and have a spreader insert for optimal pressure distribution, finished with a separate sheepskin cover with trim around the edges to avoid edge pressure and chafing.
PLEASE NOTE: E.A.Mattes girths cannot be used without a sheepskin cover.
Washing & Care Instructions
Each Mattes product comes with detailed washing and care instructions attached. For optimum life and use of your Mattes product please follow these instructions. If any questions please get in touch with NextGen Equine.
There is a possibility of dye bleeding from dark or bright coloured sheepskin onto light coloured quilt. A slight staining is possible from dark or bright coloured wool onto the hair of light coloured horses. Fading of the wools surface is also possible due to the composition of the horses sweat, which can be different from horse to horse. The same applies to dark and bright dyes on saddle leathers.