Victoria did not begin riding until 11 years of age. Always a keen horse lover, but was never able to twist her parents arm enough to buy a horse.
After completing University and starting work full time gave Victoria the opportunity to finally go and buy her first horse, who was a chestnut Thoroughbred mare and Victoria reflects 'at least she taught me alot'.
Through close friends Victoria became interested in the show horse world, with much admiration of all the beautiful and well presented horses and riders knew that was where she would like to be.
Victoria's current stable star is the Riding Pony gelding Beechwood Caste in Gold, a stunning small Galloway by Kolbeach Holly's Gold out of Wesswoods Starcaste. Campaigning at Royal and National level shows, some recent performance highlights for 'Richie' include:
- Reserve Champion 2018 EA Australasian Show Horse and Rider Championships
- Reserve Champion 2018 EA Southern Cross Show Horse Spectacular
- Reserve Champion 2018 SHC Grand Nationals
- Champion Galloway 2018 SHC Competitors Association Champion of Champions
- Champion Galloway 2018 EA SA Horse of the Year
- Champion Galloway 2018 EA SHC Horse of the Year
- 2nd Open Lightweight Galloway 14-14.2hh & 1st Ladies Galloway 2018 Sydney Royal
- Champion Led RPSBS Gelding 2018 Canberra Royal
- 1st Novice & Ladies Galloway 2017 Adelaide Royal
Victoria is supported by one of the most successful show stables in the country in David Quayle and Margot Haynes and their tutelage really shines in this horse and rider combination.
Victoria has a new addition in Kolbeach Holly's Ruby, a beautiful show hunter Galloway in her first year of showing and has already qualified for this years Adelaide Royal Show.
Victoria's likes the Kwik Out Stirrups and of course items from the E.A.Mattes range.
Photo Credit | LMG Photography